May 20, 2015 - 6 PM
We will be riding in Maryville, TN this year. The ride starts and ends at the parking area next to the Blount County Courthouse, departing at 7pm, please arrive early (~6:00PM). Memoria of 2013-14 cyclists and RoS poem reading at 6:30pm. The ride is ~8 miles covering the downtown Maryville area, see the map below the break. Social following the ride.Read more: 2015 Maryville Ride of Silence
UPDATE: April 2, 2013 -- All plates have been distributed to your local tag office. If you have not picked up your pre-ordered plate, please do so today!!! A portion of the plate proceed is distributed to the Foundation for programming support and is not realized unless you pick up you plate. Any unclaimed plates will go back to distribution and the entiire registration fee to the state.
Thanks to everyone who pre-registered for a "Share the Road" specialty license plate. We could not have accomplished this task without the help of so many people, the bicycle clubs and shops, and countless hours of our all volunteer staff. THANK YOU
"When do we get our plates?"
- The package of paperwork and funds will be sent to the state in the next few days
- It will take approximately 2 months for the license plates to be manufactured and distributed
- The DMV will send a letter advising that your plate is ready to pick up at your local tag office
- Soon after mounting to your car, take a photo and send to the foundation for our picture wall
"I didn't pre-order, how do I get a plate?"
- Once the initial plates have been made and distributed, you can obtain at your local tag office
- The Share the Road license plate will now be included in the list of available plates at renewal
- Please call you local tag office to see if they have new tag inventory, if they don't, please ask them to order some Share the Road plates!
"I looked on the Tennessee Specialty License Plate website, it's not there..."
- The DMV is working to add this information and should be available soon.
- The class code for the plates are 3391 (regular) and 2595 (personalized, up to 5 characters)
We will post updates to our website as available, please check back!
Our very own Tracy Carico on WBIR Knoxville, spreading the word about the Ride of Silence and the mission of the Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation. Hey, where can I get one of those jerseys?
Anyone can purchase...bike clubs, bike shops and individuals. A $50 donation will get a package of 25 bumper stickers and 25 window decals. Bike shops can either give them away, or ask for a $1 donation for a "no-cost" mechanism to spread the word! Order in blocks of 25, either oval or state outline.
Read more: 3-ft Law Bumper Stickers
New Driver's License Manual
The Tennessee Department of Safety has released the new 2011 TN Comprehensive Driver's Manual and is available at testing centers and online at http://www.tn.gov/safety/dlhandbook/menu.shtml
Section C of the new manual covers Sharing the Road with all road users, the bicycle specific pages can be found here